Fur care and storage
If you have a fur coat or any garment trimmed with animal fur, it takes special care to keep it looking it’s best. Your fur coat should always be hung on a broad, or sturdy padded hanger to keep the shoulders from loosing their shape.
- Do not hang your fur in a garment bag, especially a plastic bag that doesn’t breath. The fur needs air circulation to keep the hide from drying out and cracking.
- Avoid using hairspray or perfume when wearing your coat.
- Do not use a shoulder bag consistently because it can wear away the fur and leave a bald spot.
- If your fur gets wet, don’t panic. Most furs can handle snow and light rain with ease. Shake it out and hang it to dry in a well ventilated room.
- Your coat should be cleaned every year by a professional fur cleaner – not a dry cleaner. Even if you don’t wear it often, animal fur gathers dust, oils and odors. Professional cleaning will add luster and shine to the fur.
No products were found matching your selection.