Fur Care And Storage
If you have a fur coat, or any garment trimmed with animal fur, it takes special care to keep it looking it’s best. Your fur coat should always be hung on a broad, or sturdy padded hanger, to keep the shoulders from loosing their shape.
- Do not hang your fur in a garment bag, especially a plastic bag that doesn’t breath. The fur needs air circulation to keep the hide from drying out and cracking.
- Avoid using hairspray or perfume when wearing your coat.
- Do not use a shoulder bag consistently ,because it can wear away the fur, and leave a bald spot.
- If you will be sitting for a long period, you should take your coat off to avoid crushing the fur. If you can’t remove the coat, try to change positions often, so that the fur will not be crushed in one spot over and over again.
- If possible, remove your coat and use it more like a blanket in your lap.
- If your fur gets wet, don’t panic. Most furs can handle snow, and light rain with ease. Shake it out, and hang it to dry in a well ventilated room.
- Your coat should be cleaned every year, by a professional fur cleaner – not a dry cleaner. Even if you don’t wear it often, animal fur gathers dust, oils and odors. Professional cleaning will add luster and shine to the fur.
We offer professional fur cleaning.
All our customers are able to drop their fur or any type of winter jacket to our store for cleaning. We offer cleaning on all types of winter jackets purchased from BALCI Copenhagen or not.
Price list in DKK:
|Fur coat 75cm||650,-|
|Fur coat +75cm||750,-|